The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for performing the daily site inspections and preparation of inspection reports or other such reports as detailed in the Quality Control Manual and the Work Description (WD). Assist senior inspectors as required.
Start Date: Subject to project award
Shift : Subject to project award.
** Locals to Fort McMurray are preferred**
• Perform and report visual inspections as outlined in the WD & prepare clear and accurate reports.
• Responsible to inspect the installation of the specific discipline work assigned to them (ie. structural, piping etc.) to the specifications and drawings.
• Assist other Inspectors in the course of their duties.
• Ensure the project I.T.P is followed and all sign offs are completed where required.
• Perform and report dimensional control inspections and reporting as required in the WD
• Perform and record material verification as required.
• Record and report all non-conformances as detailed by the Quality Assurance System and procedures.
• Clear understanding of contractual quality obligation, standards, procedures, specifications and tolerances for all work in process.
• Perform and report on all incoming inspection of materials received as required by the Quality Assurance System and WDITP.
• Perform and report all final inspections as per the Quality Assurance System and the WD
• Participate in the investigation of non-conformances and corrective action resolution as required.
• Inspect and verify the completion of all punch list items.
• Upon completion of inspections, advise production personnel of results.
• Timely compiling of all required quality documents for job files and turnover packages to meet the construction schedule.
• Assist in welder & craftsmen training with regard to Quality requirements.
• Coordinate welder testing witness, record and file all results.
• Participate in internal audits & external quality audits.
• Build effective relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support core company values.
• Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs, correct unsafe work practices and situations, follow reporting protocols for any violations, and participate in the Hazard identification process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships.
• Strong ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Excellent leadership, change management and team building skills.
• Ability to create and maintain accurate and organized documentation.
• Able to interpret, evaluate and apply regulations, policies and procedures to a wide variety of work situations.
• 5 - 10 years of industrial fabrication/construction experience.
• CWB welding inspector qualifications –
• Sound knowledge of all N.D.E processes used in the industry
• A minimum of 2 years experience as a quality inspector in a steel fabrication, pipe spool fabrication, pipeline construction or pressure vessel manufacturing environment.
• Driver’s license and clean driving abstract.